20.10.11

“the wine of forever” (C. Bukowski)



re-reading some of Fante's
The wine of Youth
in bed
this mid-afternoon
my big cat
BEAKER
asleep beside
me.

the writing of some
men
is like a vast bridge
that carries you
over
the many things
that claw and tear.

Fante's pure and magic
emotions
hang on the simples
clean
line.

that this man died
one of the slowest and
most horrible deaths
that I ever witnessed or
heard
about...

the gods play no
favorites.

I put the book down
beside me.

book on one side,
cat on the
other...

John, meeting you,
even the way it
was was the event of my
life. I can't say
I would have died for
you, I couldn't have handled
it that well.

but it was good to see you
again
this
afternoon.


*** trad. leo marona ***


“o vinho da eternidade”

relendo um pouco de Fante,
O Vinho da Juventude,
na cama
nesse meio de tarde,
meu gato gordo
BEAKER
dormindo ao meu
lado.

a escrita de alguns
homens
é como vasta ponte
que leva você
através
das muitas coisas
que agarram e rasgam.

de Fante a pura e mágica
emoção
se atém à simples
limpa
linha.

e este homem morreu
uma das mais lentas e
mais horríveis mortes
que eu jamais testemunhei
ou ouvi
falar....

deuses não escolhem
favoritos.

ponho o livro no chão
ao meu lado.

livro de um lado,
gato do
outro...

John, conhecer você,
mesmo do jeito que
foi foi o evento da minha
vida. não posso dizer
que eu morreria por
você, eu não saberia lidar
com isso bem.

mas foi bom ter visto você
de novo
esta
tarde.

Nenhum comentário: